Transglutaminase (TG) is a natural enzyme that is widely distributed in nature. TG can catalyze the formation of covalent bonds between the amino acid residues Lysine and Glutamine in proteins, this bond is thermostable and physically resistant to stress.
Specification:CAS No.: 80146-85-6
Activity: 1,000 u/g
1) Making uniform portions that cook evenly, look good, and reduce waste.
2) Binding meat mixtures like sausages without casings.
3) Making meat combinations like bacon and scallops.
4) Producing special effects like meat noodles, meat and vegetable pasta, etc.
5) TG can thicken egg yolks, strengthen dough mixtures, thicken dairy systems, and increase yield in tofu production.
Transglutaminase (TG) is classified by the FDA as a GRAS product.