Bacillus Polymyxa, also recognized as Paenibacillus Polymyxa, is a Gram-positive bacterium prized for its versatile applications in agriculture and horticulture. This powerful bacterium serves as a soil inoculant, biofertilizer, and biocontrol agent, offering multifaceted benefits for enhanced crop growth and soil health.
- Nitrogen Fixation: Capable of nitrogen fixation, enriching soil fertility and aiding in plant nutrition.
- Soil Inoculant: Acts as an effective soil inoculant, fostering a conducive environment for beneficial microbial activity.
- Biofertilizer and Biocontrol: Functions as both a biofertilizer, providing essential nutrients, and a biocontrol agent, combating detrimental pathogens in agricultural settings.
Species: Paenibacillus Polymyxa
Appearance: Off-white or grey powder
Microbial Count: 5 billion CFU/gram
Moisture: 12% max.
Solubility: Water Soluble
Bacillus Polymyxa, Paenibacillus Polymyxa's diverse capabilities make it a valuable asset in agricultural practices:
1) Soil Inoculation: Enhances soil microbial activity, promoting nutrient cycling and plant health.
2) Biofertilizer: Enriches soil fertility by fixing nitrogen, providing essential nutrients for robust plant growth.
3) Biocontrol Agent: Offers protection against harmful pathogens, contributing to disease management in crops.